Saturday, August 23, 2014

Exquisite and Fanfreakintastic

My brother Billy and my Aunt Jane out on the dock (previous year).

August 23, 2014
Day 115

We're here!!!  Back in good ol' Ludlow, and basking in the beauty of Lake Pauline!

I asked my brother Billy, my sister-in-law Tricia, and my Aunt Jane what I should title this blog, and Billy suggested both of the words I used, so thank you to Billy!

When I plugged in the GPS for my trip today (even though I could do it blindfold if I had to), it said I'd arrive at 12:24.  Christmas Eve!  Ahh, all the expectation of what would soon be mine!

We come up to Vermont every summer at this time, the week leading up to Labor Day (first Monday in September in the states).  It's always extra special, because we've waited all summer for this experience, and because we know autumn awaits us on the other side.

How do we describe this place, this magical, beautiful place in the green mountains of Vermont?  Exquisite!  Fan-freakin-tastic!  And maybe a bit peaceful too?  I think so.

Our time here will last almost 10 days in all, so though most reading this cannot be with us, I hope I can bring you along in some small way over the next week or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment