Thursday, October 30, 2014

HALFWAY THERE!

October 30, 2014
Day 183

I'm now halfway done with this year-long experiment.  For the past six months, I have documented every single day of my life with a blog reflection.  Some have been about my past experiences, some have been about the adventures (good and bad) I'm going through in the present, and others have just been about completely random topics.

I've tried hard to create a variety for my readers, because I know you're out there reading all the time.  Thank you!!!

Each day, I start the same way.  I stare at the screen, and think of what to write about.  On some days, it may be obvious: a funeral, jury duty, a special occasion or holiday, or perhaps just the anniversary of a special event in my life.  Other days, I think about what's going on in the world, or what the universe might be screaming at me to write on, and I begin to form that initial thought into a full reflection. 

Sometimes I preach, sometimes I teach, and sometimes I just screech a lot like a barn owl.  No matter what my approach is, I always look at how many views the blog got.  I don't freak out when a blog entry only gets a small number of views, and I don't celebrate too much when one becomes very popular, but I do sincerely focus on what entries seem to be more popular than others.  It helps me always write with you in mind!

And so today, I've reached the halfway point.  This is Day 183 in what will probably be a 366-day journey (ending on my 40th birthday next year).  I've tried very hard to make this interesting for you, and I hope you're enjoying it so far.  For those reading this as I write it and post it live each day, please know I appreciate all comments you give me very much! 

It's impossible for a writer to keep his demons completely out of mind, to completely dismiss the voices that seem to scream, "No one cares about you or your writing!"  So for those who let me know they read something, I thank you!  I truly appreciate you and your time very, very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment