Saturday, October 4, 2014

Running Out Of Time

October 4, 2014
Day 157

Eek!  October is speeding along at a rapid pace already, and I'm still accidentally writing September at work.  Yesterday at my proofreading job, I printed out calendar pages for October, November, and December, so part of my brain is now officially looking into the beginning of 2015.

Yes, it's still months away, and yes, I care deeply about the here and now, and all these many days and blogs before December 31st, but I'm also counting the weeks.  There are only 12 full weeks left now in the year!  Twelve!!!

Time is flying by so quickly, and if I blink, I might miss all the pumpkin spice coffees, Halloween chocolates, and butternut squash raviolis ahead of me. 

Hmm. 

Okay, so maybe my stomach could actually be helped by missing some of that, but I don't want to!  I like all the pumpkin-flavored everythings this time of year (even though most of it is just chemically induced imaginations of something that slightly resembles pumpkin).

All I know is, time's running out on my October, my fall, my holiday season, and my year.  Yes, it's still only October 4th, but in a few weeks, it'll be Halloween, and in a few weeks after that, it'll be Thanksgiving.  Then Christmas shopping will surely begin immediately after dinner that night, before the leftover cranberry sauce is even scraped off the plates.

Tomorrow will be here before I know it, and the tomorrows after that are staring at me from my calendar pages.  Soon enough, these empty days will be filled in or crossed out, and I'll be staring at a glass of champagne in my hand with the seconds counting down to midnight! 

Okay, okay, I know, I'm getting ahead of myself...a little.  Can I just ask one favor of you though, Father Time?  Can you let me drink a few more sips of this pumpkin-spice coffee before you play the Radio City Christmas commercial again?  I know Christmas makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, but so do those bite-size pieces of chocolate I'm supposed to save for the Trick-or-Treaters, so I'd appreciate you giving us all these days slowly now, or at least at the usual pace of the clock, okay?  Please?  Thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment