Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas Morning 2014

December 25, 2014
Day 239

I woke up this morning ahead of Andy--not so unusual, really--and turned on all the Christmas lights.  I always leave the outside decorations on Christmas Eve night, but I peeked out just to see if they were okay. 

They weren't.  Poor Santa had a bad night apparently, because he and his teddy bear friend were passed out face down in the mud.  I put on my sneakers and went outside to help him up, asked him how he was doing too, but he just mumbled something about Dasher.

Back inside, I made the coffee and looked out my back window for a moment.  I spent some time there wishing my deceased loved ones a Merry Christmas.  Merry Christmas, Mom, Dad, Ma Ma, Esther, Sal, Bob, Fai, Aunt Nancy, Larry, Richard, Joseph, Francis, Aunt Kathleen and Uncle Battie, Jim and Kathleen Hunston...  I stopped there, as the list could go on and on.  And on.

Turning on the TV, I found the Yule Log "show", and listened to some Christmas music for a little while as I looked at the tree and thought about Christmas Past and Present.  I mused on how big this tradition was for me growing up with a household filled with kids, and thought about all my friends and loved ones experiencing their own Christmas mornings right now too.  These thoughts led me upstairs to my computer, where on Facebook, I scrolled briefly through some pictures from this morning taken at households all over. 

And I gotta tell you, it chokes me up.  It makes me so happy to be experiencing Christmas morning WITH all of you just because of the way we're connected through social media.  Even if we aren't all posting, some are, and it's enough for me to feel connected to everyone. 

Merry Christmas!  May your heart appreciate every beautiful second of this beautiful day, and may the memories made today last your whole life through!

No comments:

Post a Comment