Thursday, December 11, 2014

I need a little Christmas

December 11, 2014
Day 225

You know that spark of energy you get several times this season, when just the right happy feeling at just the right moment inspires you to decorate, buy presents, or write cards?  Well this year, it's taking me a little longer to find that.

I've done the lion's share of decorating, I've started my cards, and God knows I've been working hard on finishing off my shopping list for gifts, but I'm still not quite there.  Today's the 11th of December, and I'm quickly running out of time.  Two weeks from today, Christmas will be here!  And what do I have to show for myself so far?  Only about 40% of what I need to do between now and December 25th!

As I wrote the title to this piece, I could already imagine those who want the opposite--a literal reading of the title, if you will.  They literally want a little Christmas, and no more.  And I get that.  I really, really do.  For me though, Christmas brings back so many happy memories, and I try my best to fully enjoy each new Christmas I'm blessed to experience, as well as bring as many happy moments to my loved ones' Christmas, too.

So today, I'm putting myself in pre-energy mode.  I know I need to locate that magical spark of Christmas joy by this weekend, if for no other reason then to get my decorating and Christmas cards done!  My plan is to watch a few Christmas movies (I have two stacks of films I watch every year at this time), play some Christmas music, and just try to really enjoy it all as much as I can.  With any luck, I'll have most of the work done by the end of the weekend, so more of the fun parts of the season can arrive right on schedule in the days leading up to Christmas Day!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment