Saturday, December 27, 2014

All This Extra Time

December 27, 2014
Day 241

Earlier this month, I got a new computer for the first time since 2005.  Everything with it was awesome, except our internet speed was still lagging.  It was becoming more and more obvious we needed a new modem. 

Almost at the same time, my Ethernet cord broke--the little piece on the end snapped off.  So on Christmas Eve, we finally received a new modem and cord in the mail.  Yes!  Life is good!

I now have a computer that boots up in less than 30 seconds, instead of the 45 minutes it used to take (no exaggeration!), and we have internet that works at the speed it's actually supposed to.  Who knew life could be so easy?!

The only problem is, I've got so much more time on my hands all of a sudden, and I'm not accurately filling it with the right things.  This world was already filled with enough distractions to keep me away from housework, laundry, cleaning, reading, and writing.  Now I've got even more time on my hands, and I'm not putting it to good use.

The new year is just four-and-a-half days away now, so I think this would be an excellent addition to my list of resolutions.  It'll go right behind weight loss, and just ahead of finding ways to make more money.  I think this would be an excellent resolution for the new year, so I'm going to try my very best to make it happen once and for all!  2015: I'm taking back control of my life!

Right now though?  I need to catch up on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment