Monday, December 29, 2014

Looking Around, Catching Your Breath


December 29, 2014
Day 243

I paused my reflections yesterday to add a little Christmas story I thought up (one I knew some of you would laugh at and others would hate), but today I'm back to reflecting mode again. 

Reflection and mood swings seem to be part and parcel this time of year, the time when you literally turn off your brain's computer more than normal, ahead of a reboot come January 1st.

We know New Year's Eve is coming up on Wednesday, but we don't think as much about the fact that 2015 starts this Thursday.  It's coming up so quickly, yet time seems to slow down for us, just so we can look around and catch our breath.  I have a lot more to muse on tomorrow and Wednesday, but right now I'm just in that morning-haze mode where I've just woken up, and can't yet see what's out in front of me.

It feels right to feel this way today, so I'm going with it.  Before I add up my accomplishments, joys, and sorrows of 2014, and before lining up my resolutions for 2015, I need this time right here first, this time to just look around and be.  A whole year has now passed, and a whole new year awaits.  Right now though?  Now is the time to catch our breath and lose ourselves in thought.  Now is the time to just sit back and muse for a while as we peer through a cloudy morning in late December.

No comments:

Post a Comment