Tuesday, December 23, 2014

I really should be panicking

December 23, 2014
Day 237

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve, and I still need gifts or more gifts for 15 people, and 90% of my purchased gifts aren't wrapped yet either.  Panic seems about due now, so I expect it'll kick in some time before lunch.  Until then, I'm going to just expect it to all work out in the end. 

Or maybe...

Maybe I will panic.  Maybe I'll make today my last day to truly panic, so that tomorrow is as peaceful and joy-filled as possible.  My dream every year is to achieve a Christmas Eve free of present-buying and present-wrapping, free of stress and anxiety, when I can sit next to my Christmas tree with a cup of coffee or hot chocolate, and bask in the beauty of the season.  Maybe a Christmas movie on Blu-ray or a good book to cozy up with.

I'm reminded right away though, even as I type these words, that I can't have that dream scenario if the presents aren't all bought and wrapped by tomorrow evening.  Which brings me back to my original point...

I really should be panicking!  I really should be absolutely freaking out right now, pondering how the heck I'll ever get this all done in time, and wondering why I ever thought it possible to reach that dream scenario in the first place!  Hot chocolate and basking?  How about heartburn and aspirin!

Panic mode: ON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment