Sunday, September 7, 2014

A collection of thoughts

Ostia Antica, outside Rome, Italy, 1996.

September 7, 2014
Day 130

Today I'm just going to share a random collection of thoughts on my life as it is right now. 

- I broke my Mr. Coffee glass pot while in Vermont, and the replacement pot is still on order from Amazon.  I'm feeling extremely under-caffeinated right now, and I don't like it.

- The second floor of my house is like the big bang before it banged.  I've got so much stuff up here, much of it covered in dust, and I really need to just turn this into a master bedroom suite once and for all!

- Last year, I published my first book.  This year, I published my second book.  Next year, I plan to publish my third book, the last of the series I've been working on.  It's hard to do because I spend so much time on this blog right now too, but the first 6-7 chapters are done, and I think I'm finding a really good groove right now.  I like where it's going!

- I took an allergy pill just now, and then checked in on golf.  God, I really want a cup of coffee.

- Okay, just went down the block to get a cup of coffee now.  I'm good.

- My neighbor's bushes were overtaking our garage, so we asked him to take care of it.  He did, but in the process, he also took down some beautiful shrubbery (shrubbery!) along our property line, and now it looks quite sparse.

- Our washing machine has been acting up.  It seems the sensor telling it the lid is down isn't working well, so I've had my 20-pound weight on top of the machine, and even then I still have to press down hard to get the washer to work.

- This coffee really is delicious.

- Looking forward to a barbecue we're going to this afternoon.  It's September 7th, but the nice weather's still here, and a bunch of us are going to enjoy the beautiful day together.

- I could say a million more things, but I get less reads on these blog entries on the weekends anyway.  To those of you who did read this, and for all those who read so many or all of my blog entries, thank you!!!  Any likes, comments, or shares you give me on these are all very much appreciated!  But the stats telling me people are out there reading these at all are great too! :)

- Good coffee is the nectar of the gods.

- Have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment