Monday, September 29, 2014

A day in progress


September 29, 2014
Day 152

I'm going to try a little experiment today, if you don't mind.  I'm going to write this blog entry as the day unfolds.

So...

9:27 AM: Started blog.

10:30 AM: After spending some time catching up on e-mail and the like, I finally got some work to do.  Hello, Monday.  I guess you found me.

11:32 AM: Almost done with this first job of the day.  Thinking about how much I need another Atlantic City trip soon, and how happy I am to see my Borgata offers for a free room offer me the choice of booking for free at their new Water Club too.  Hmm...methinks I need to plan!

12:36 PM: This day is moving along at a comfortable pace, but doesn't seem to have much energy to it.  Probably shouldn't wish for much though, because no news is good news (Andy's uncle is still in very bad shape, and I just heard my Aunt Nancy is in end-of-life hospice care now too).  Once again, I'm reminded to stop complaining about the silly little things in life!

1:29 PM: Last night, Andy had to get up in the middle of the night to pee.  This has been happening to me fairly often for months now, but it was the first time for him.  He tells me it's the supplement he's taking (by choice, nothing wrong with him).  I wish I could say I felt badly for him, but instead, I just smiled and went back to sleep!

3:07 PM: Just booked a complimentary room at The Water Club, Borgata's newest hotel tower in Atlantic City.  Still a couple of weeks away, but already looking forward to the escape!

3:45 PM: We just had a fire alarm here at work.  Somehow even that felt boring to me on a Monday.

4:41 PM: I only had a few jobs today, which made the day both easier and slower overall.  Time to change for the gym in a few minutes.  Will update this entry once I'm home later.

6:58 PM: Had a good workout, the usual 40 minutes' worth of running on the elliptical and then 50 sit-ups when I got home.  Just had a delicious chicken sandwich, and now watching Season 1, Episode 1 of Once Upon A Time (again).

9:34 PM: We just got back from the hospital a few minutes ago.  Fai seems like he's doing better, but we keep hearing about infection and renal failure, so things aren't good.  Still, I only allow positivity when I'm near him, and I keep my negativity out of the ICU!

10:11 PM: Okay, heading toward bed now.  I've been reading two books lately.  The first is called Living Buddha, Living Christ by Thich Nhat Hanh, and the other is Bird By Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life by Anne Lamott.  Both are excellent, and I look forward to cuddling up and reading one or both each night.  So...bedtime now for me.  Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment