Thursday, February 19, 2015

Ten quotes that changed my life


February 19, 2015
Day 295

I've always loved collecting great quotes.  In fact, I've actually got a small book I created in college with pages and pages of my favorite quotes typed out and even indexed based on subject matter!  So today I thought I'd share a few of those quotes with you, a few of my all-time favorites.  Some of them may seem simple, but they rang true for me in a beautiful way at just the right time in my life, and I hope they do something special for you today too!

"Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves."
 
-James M. Barrie

"You will not become a saint through other people's sins." 

-Anton Chekhov

"That old law about 'an eye for an eye' leaves everybody blind." 
-Martin Luther King, Jr.

"If we could read the secret history of our 'enemies', we should find in each man's and woman's life sorrow enough to disarm all hostility."
-H. W. Longfellow

"The heart has its reasons which reason does not understand." 
-Blaise Pascal

"The unexamined life is not worth living." 
-Plato

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." 
-Eleanor Roosevelt

"Whoever gossips to you will gossip of you." 
-Spanish proverb

"The first duty of love is to listen." 
-Paul Tillich

"If you don't have the bitter and the sweet, you can't tell the difference."
-Brother Joseph Tragesor, S.M.

3 comments:

  1. I mean I like to be passionate and sincere but I also like to have fun and act like a dork. Geeks unite. Kurt Cobain Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saved as a favorite, I like your web site; ,!

    ReplyDelete