Sunday, February 22, 2015

Overeating My Way To Imaginary Weight Loss

February 22, 2015
Day 298

For the past four weeks, my diet and exercise plan has plateaued, as in flatland-as-far-as-the-eye-can-see kind of plateaued.  It doesn't surprise me though in the least, because I've barely been keeping up, exercising only once or twice each week, and eating healthy only most of the time.

In fact, weighing in is almost a joke lately.  I step on and say my serenity prayer, knowing full well the scale is gonna be like, "Dude, what do you expect me to tell you after what you just did this past week?"

Still, I'm not giving up!  I just need a new head game here, because clearly my overeating and gym skipping is NOT going to do it for me.  I need to be harder on myself, and maybe even more judgmental of myself to get this done.  When in need, as I am now, I go to a mantra that's helped me in the past: what will others think of me at the beach or poolside?

I'm honestly okay with some extra--it's been a part of me for a long time now--but I don't like too much extra, and I prefer the tighter, thinner version of myself I've seen in recent years.  I lost 41 pounds, I remind myself, and though I've gained 14 back, I'm still 27 pounds down from where I started.  These last 14 pounds may be the hardest ones to shed, but I'm already two-thirds of the way there!

So as I look at the next 9 to 10 weeks before I turn 40, and I look at the 14 or more pounds I want to shed by then, I see possibility.  I see potential.  I see myself doing it.  I just can't give up, even for a week, and I need to work harder at this.  It won't be easy, but I know I can do it, and I know I'll be much happier, which is always the ultimate goal!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your experience with us on overeating. I have been suffering too this from last year and got frustrated with the thought of being overweight. Overeating can be due to various reasons. And if you have gain weight in this quarantine. Then I have this simple solution for you in this blog how to avoid overeating during quarantine . This blog was savior for me and help me in motivating for losing weight.

    ReplyDelete