Monday, February 2, 2015

I Won The Super Bowl (boxes)!

February 2, 2015
Day 278

"I was in the Virgin Islands once.  I met a girl.  We ate lobster, drank PiƱa Coladas.  At sunset, we made love like sea otters.  That was a pretty good day.  Why couldn't I get that day over and over and over?"

There are good days, and there are not-so-good days.  Yesterday was a very, very good day.  As a few friends and I watched the Super Bowl play out last night, I had only one vested interest in the outcome of the game, only one care, only one concern. 

Last week, far too late really, I wandered over to the area where the Super Bowl boxes were displayed on the wall at work, and I looked up with a grimace.  "I guess I'm too late?" I asked.  A slight pause later, and someone showed me where a smudge on one box was actually still open.  It seemed someone started to write their name in the box, then switched to another one, so it was open still...and the very last box still open at that!  So I gave them my 10 points (we shall not speak of monetary numbers at work), and a day or two later, I found out what my numbers were.

I had 8 and 4, which didn't seem too good to me, but as I was about 20-30 feet away, one of my colleagues called after me, "No, that's good.  That could work."  He reminded me that with a 28-14 score, I'd win (we didn't think of 28 to 24).  Cool, I thought.

So as the game progressed last night, I kept hoping for a certain amount of plays to happen to achieve a very specific score...and it did!  By night's end, I had won FIVE HUNDRED big ones!  There are good days, and there are not-so-good days.  Yesterday was a very, very good day.  And now that I've collected my winnings, I can say with confidence: today is a pretty damn good day too!

2 comments:

  1. okay, now i'm just aggrivated, you didn't even call and let me get in a BOX... :( poor poor Peggy all the way in CA and now no one thinks of her at all :( LOL
    congrats, btw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I didn't do any at the house anyway, this was at work, and I got the very last box they had.

      Delete