Sunday, February 1, 2015

What is a seandy?

February 1, 2015
Day 277

Seandy (capitalized at times, but not always) is pronounced two different ways.  Andy and others pronounce the Sean while others and I pronounce the Andy (with a sh sound in front, like shandy).

It's a perfect combination of both our names, but when did I first start using it?  I'm really not sure. 

We first spoke online on June 7, 2001:
Hi Sean, My name is Andy, and I'm from W. Babylon.  Saw your personal ad...

We spoke in instant messages for the first time on June 16th:
Andy [11:50 AM]:  Hi Sean, this is Andy, I e-mailed you from xy
Sean [11:50 AM]:  hi again, i was wonderin if you had disappeared
Andy [11:50 AM]:  Yeah, been kinda busy these days, keeping the computer off.
Sean [11:51 AM]:  oh okay, well so how r u?
Sean [11:51 AM]:  have we talked on im yet?
Andy [11:51 AM]:  Doing good, no we haven't talked yet, are you online a lot?
Sean [11:52 AM]:  less lately, but yes, still always a few times a day in the evening
Sean [11:52 AM]:  wekeneds all the time
Sean [11:52 AM]:  depending on plans
Andy [11:54 AM]:  How is your summer going?

We didn't speak much that summer, and then September 11th happened. Andy was working a few blocks away that day, got covered in ash (he said it was falling like snow), but we weren't really talking much at that point, so I didn't even realize he was so close to it all.  And of course the nightmare of that day haunted us all for a long time after (I literally had nightmares daily for a month afterward).  Finally, some time that fall, we set a plan to meet.

It was Saturday, December 1, 2001, a record warm day, with temperatures reaching 68 degrees Fahrenheit (20 Celsius).  We both knew right away that first night that we were on a date with someone special, someone we really, really liked.  Somewhere in my piles of papers and notebooks here, I have a notebook page in which I chronicled our first 7-10 dates or so, and I remember when I first asked him if we could use the "b" word--boyfriends. 

And the rest, as they say, is history!  Seandy was born, and we both feel very blessed and lucky to have found each other! 

No comments:

Post a Comment