Thursday, February 26, 2015

Updates From My Life

February 26, 2015
Day 302

It's been a crazy winter, much colder and nastier in every which way than we've had in a long, long time, certainly worse than anything else I've experienced in my adult life.

On January 20th, I got a flat tire on my way home from the gym.  For over a month now since then, I've been driving Andy's car each day, which means dropping him at the train station and picking him up each night.  It can be a pain, and has thrown off my schedule a bit, but I'm grateful to him for the ability to use his car at all!

His inspection is almost due, so we'll have to get my tire replaced soon.  I would have done it earlier, but my car quickly became trapped in snow and ice in the driveway, and it's just been easier to ignore the issue, quite frankly.

My health issues have teetered between annoying and frustrating as well.  In January of 2014, I went to the emergency room for chest pain, which in retrospect seems to have just been my first real encounter with bad heartburn, and in the year since, I've made close friends with TUMS and the rare aspirin.  "WELL, LET ME TELL YOU" as my friend Luxor would say, I went to the doctor finally this week, and he's put me on a simple regimen of daily Prilosec and Aleve for two weeks, after which he assured me I'll never have the pain again.  "From your lips to the ears of whomever is listening!" I said with a big smile, and he repeated his confidence.  "From my lips to God's ears," he said.  It's only been a couple of days, but so far, so good!

And finally, a few words about my weight loss pursuits.  I'm doing well, and though I've been on a crazy plateau of late, I feel like I've turned a corner now.  The stresses of this winter have caused me to eat too much and exercise less, and I imagine I'm not alone in that experience.  What gives me great hope is that between my soon-to-be-remedied car situation, the quickly approaching spring, and the healthier lifestyle I'm pursuing, it's looking like spring will be good to me.  As my 40th birthday arrives on May 1st, just 64 days from now, things are looking very, very good!

No comments:

Post a Comment