Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Going CRAZY

November 12, 2014
Day 196

Okay, I need to vent again a little.  Give me two, maybe three paragraphs here today, and I promise I'll be calm again.

This morning as I was getting on the Southern State Parkway here on Long Island, I had one of those very rare occasions when there was just no opening for me to merge in.  Cars moved along quickly, but there wasn't enough room for me to safely merge in.  So I waited patiently.  Unfortunately, the huge SUV behind me refused to understand how this was possible.  When my moment to merge finally arrived, the driver of the SUV jumped out into traffic, taking away my chance.

By that point, I had slowly moved up so far, I was now going over the gravel of the curb, and then two cars later, I was able to roll onto the parkway myself.  I thanked the person behind me for not doing the same thing the last guy or gal had done to me, and then growled a bit to myself as I moved forward.  I eventually caught up to the motherfu assho jerk who'd nearly gotten me into an accident, but tried hard not to glare at them.  This is New York after all, and eye contact is discouraged.

I calmed down, and life goes on (thankfully), but it sure jarred me!  I've got a lot on my mind this week, and a weekend away with Andy coming up, so there are several things I need to get done between now and early Saturday morning.  Going a little crazy this morning was not on the agenda, but thanks to this blog, I'm making myself calm down now.  Thank you all for reading!  As always, I appreciate your eyes very, very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment