Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Thank you

November 11, 2014
Day 195

I don't know what our armed officers here and around the world go through, nor do I fully want to know.  The horrors some people have witnessed or experienced themselves are simply unimaginable.

So for Veterans' Day, I can't say, I understand, or even I can only imagine, because I can't.  I can't even imagine. 

All I can say for sure is thank you.  Thank you for your service, thank you for your time, and thank you for choosing to do this incredible thing with the one life you were given to live.  Thank you.  A million times over, I thank you.  Only you and your brothers and sisters in the armed forces understand some of what you've been through, and at the end of the day, only you know exactly what you yourself have experienced, both physically and mentally.

Thank you for doing whatever you did to protect the lives of my fellow Americans, and for the citizens of countries around the world.  Thank you for everything you chose to do, and even everything you might have reluctantly done, for the cause of good people everywhere.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment