Saturday, November 8, 2014

No plans this weekend

November 8, 2014
Day 192

A friend of mine who I haven't seen in a while asked me yesterday if I had plans for today.  It was a Friday morning, I knew I had nothing on the calendar for this weekend, and I could tell he was looking for plans.  I responded, "Nope". 

It was a very casual answer, but it was rude too.  He was reaching out to me, looking to reconnect over a nice meal somewhere, and I was throwing out my hand in defense.  So when he clarified his purpose for asking soon after, I clarified mine as well: "We've had so much going on lately, so even dinner plans scare me haha."

He was understanding, which I appreciated very much, and I do hope to see him again soon, but yeah, this weekend I just need to vegetate.  I need to become a potato on my couch and sit there until I start sprouting little green things all over myself.

Okay, okay, so maybe not to that level (but maybe).

My life lately has been very, very full, and Andy and I haven't had a completely free weekend in months now.  I could be wrong, so don't quote me on that, but it certainly feels that way right now.  Next weekend we're making a fun trip down south to visit Andy's uncle and another friend of ours, and the week after that is Thanksgiving, so it'll be nice to just completely relax this weekend, or relax to whatever degree we can, at least!

And that's it.  No more blog writing for today.  I'm done! 

Excuse me now while I turn into a potato.

No comments:

Post a Comment