Sunday, November 9, 2014

So how's everything?

This happens all the time in my house. :)
November 9, 2014
Day 193

"So how's everything?"  I get asked this all the time, and I'm sure you've been asked this too many times.  We always give a short answer, maybe really, really short like, "Fine," hoping the person will move on to the next person or topic quickly.  Other times, we'll give a slightly longer answer that might include something about our pet, or house, or job. 

Today I thought I'd just give the significantly longer answers to this question, just in case anyone out there is wondering.  I'm doing this under topics though, so you can jump around however you'd like.

So how's work?
It's fine.  Usual.  I like my job a lot, I like my boss and coworkers a lot, and I'm happy to live so close to work.

So how's writing?
Amazing actually, thanks for asking.  I write my Finishing Forty blog every single day, and now throughout November, I'm participating in NaNoWriMo, which stands for National Novel Writing Month.  I'm already almost 50% done, which means I've got almost 25,000 words written, and about 50 pages of a Word document completely filled.  I'm very excited!  My third book, the last of the Heaven, Hell, and the Planet In Between series, is on hold just for this month, but I'll get back to it soon.  I've got almost 100 pages of that done now, about 40,000 words' worth, so that's going great so far too.

So how's Andy?
He's good.  You know, the usual.  He and I are going down to D.C. next weekend to visit his Uncle Nilo and buy some of his paintings, so we're looking forward to that, and Andy's flying down to North Carolina for Thanksgiving weekend.  His mom's brother just died about a month ago, so Andy will be with his parents for the holiday, which will be nice.  I'll go and visit his aunt up here on Thanksgiving too.  All's good though.

So how's life?
Life is good.  I can't complain.  Well, I could, but I won't.  I've got plenty of good in my life, so I try not to think too much about the bad.  I mean, I do, but not too often, you know?  So yeah, life is good.

So how's the diet going?
Ugh.  Well, I mean, it's going, and I'm trying hard, but I lost three weeks this summer when my back, knee, and foot were all hurting at the same time, and then I lost two or three weeks because of the wakes, funerals, and jury duty time.  But I'm back at the gym now, and really trying hard to keep working at it all.  It's a constant battle, you know?  I'm starting a Pilates class this week or next too, so I'm really looking forward to that.

So how's the house?
The house is good.  I have to pull down the Halloween decorations now and at least take out the Christmas stuff, even if I don't put it all up yet.  It takes forever to do, so I might start it a little this week before we go away, I'm not sure.  We haven't done any major or even minor projects in a while, so I think I'm due for some projects or renovations right after the holidays.

What about you?  How are you doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment