Thursday, November 13, 2014

Happy SHIT Day!


November 13, 2014
Day 197

At some point maybe 12 or so years ago, my mother walked up to me and said, "Happy SHIT Day!"

I remember being very taken back by this, and gave her a very Scooby-Doo-esque, "What?!"

"Sure Happy It's Thursday" she counted off with her fingers to help me understand.  And that's how it started--for me, at least.  My mom had heard it from my sister Peggy, and she heard it from someone else before that.  At any rate, it began in our lives, and it's stuck. 

I don't think of the phrase every single Thursday, just every now and then, but Andy will often surprise me by saying it first, and it always makes me smile.  "Happy S.H.I.T. Day!" I'll think, say, or even feel.  It's that "almost there" day of the work week we all enjoy just a little more than Wednesday, a little more than every other day, because we can sit back with a grateful sigh and say, "Well, at least tomorrow's Friday!"

So today I wish you all the same.  May today be an absolute S.H.I.T. of a day for you and all your loved ones.  May the S.H.I.T. hit the fan, may you "Oh S.H.I.T." your way through the day, and may you all just experience an entire crock full of S.H.I.T.  After all, S.H.I.T. happens...so enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment