Friday, November 21, 2014

NaNoWriMo No More Uh-Oh

November 21, 2014
Day 205

I did it!  Last night, I finally crossed the 50,000-word finish line of my 2014 NaNoWriMo book.  When I started the month, I didn't know how I'd ever be able to get 50,000 words written in just 30 days, but as sure as I am that my name is Sean, I managed to do it in only 20 days!  Wow!

A close friend joked with me when I told her how well I was doing, "Okay, don't brag," and I get that.  I do.  It's just that I'm proud of what I've accomplished, and astonished that it's even possible for anyone to do this.  Some people who participate in NaNoWriMo knock off 100,000 words by the end of the month.  Again--wow!

For those wondering what 50,000 words amounts to, here are some quick facts about my NaNoWriMo book:

1) It's 104 pages long (so far).

2) It's 19 chapters long (so far).

3) The story begins in August, and I'm writing scenes in February right now.  It will end in the summertime again.

I had to put my third book on hold, the final book of the Heaven, Hell, and the Planet In Between series, while I participate in this NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) project, but it's okay!  It's just awesome to know I've got so much of a fourth book begun already (or possibly fifth, as this blog series may be published in the fall of 2015).

Anyway, I'm done with the hard part--reaching the 50,000-word mark.  I hope I can knock out a lot more now in the last 10 days of the month, but time will tell...as it always does.

No comments:

Post a Comment