Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The need to rest

I love the mischievous grin on the picture-taker's face in the reflection!
November 19, 2014
Day 203

Choo-choo!  The train is speeding along very quickly right now!

I'm having one of those days where everything going on in my life and in my head are just crowding around me like a dust cloud.  We were away this past weekend, and though it was very restful, filled with fun, and blessed to have the company of some wonderful people, I'm just feeling very tired now.

Life has been hectic this year, filled with many sadnesses and stresses, and though November has been calmer than August through October were, the train I'm on is still chugging away quickly toward the finish line.

Next week, at last, is Thanksgiving.  It's not just a holiday I look forward to very much; it's also a four-day weekend.  Life itself will be on the pause button for four days, and for four days, I'll be resting and appreciating life's many blessings.

Yes, there will undoubtedly be another rapid train ride then until New Year's Eve, but I'm really looking forward to getting off this train next Wednesday afternoon, and recharging a while before my connecting train eventually arrives in the station!

No comments:

Post a Comment