Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Horrors So Close

November 5, 2014
Day 189

One of the reasons my hair hasn't turned gray or white yet is that I haven't experienced any horrific incidents in my life.  Most of us, thankfully, do not.  We have plenty of near-misses, scary accidents, and lose loved ones to all kinds of diseases and other manners of death, but the truly scary incidents avoid most of us.

Today's a hard one for me to write, because two truly horrifying incidents happened here on Long Island this past week, and sadly, both of them crossed paths with people I know.  No one close to me was directly involved (thank God!), but the incidents definitely struck these people close to home.

In one incident, a disturbed young man beheaded his mother before jumping in front of a nearby train.  I know! :( A friend of mine drove by soon after, and had to pass by the body of the mother.  My friend thought at first it was some kind of Halloween prank, but unfortunately for everyone, it wasn't.  In the other incident, a man confronted his ex-girlfriend coming out of a restaurant.  He shot and killed his ex's new boyfriend, and then turned the gun on himself soon after.  The girl is a relative of one of my co-workers, so the ripples hit very close to home. :(

Both of these murder-suicides were horrible events here on Long Island, and though neither one happened to me, I can't help but really hurt for the pain and anguish these various families are now going through.  For me, God is everything, and I immediately think of what it must have been like when these souls saw each other soon afterward in Heaven.  Did the disturbed young man rush to his mom with a tremendous, sorrowful embrace of apology?  Did the angry ex-boyfriend have an opportunity to apologize to the man he shot and killed? 

I don't know.  I have no idea what possibilities for forgiveness and remorse present themselves once we die, but everything I've read of near-death experiences, and heard from spiritual mediums, leads me to believe these scenarios may have actually happened like that in the afterlife. 

The ripples of pain we feel could be ripples of immediate healing in heaven.  I hope so at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment