Sunday, January 11, 2015

Destination Ahead


January 11, 2015
Day 256

You know the flag that pop ups on the GPS?  The one telling you your destination is finally growing closer?  Well, now that it's January, and I have just three and a half months left before I turn 40, I can finally see that flag waving at me in the distance.  It's still small, but I can see it now, and it's definitely making me think more and more about the destination ahead.

I love taking long drives whenever I can.  I've driven from Long Island over to Michigan, down to North Carolina, and up to Vermont countless times, and there's always something special about taking that kind of long journey in a car.  I stock up on water and snacks before I go, and always make sure my CDs are close by too.  But a journey is nothing without the ultimate destination.  No matter how long or short a drive is, I'm always focused on how much time I have left

So as I approach the last leg now of my one-year journey from 39 to 40, I'm keenly aware of the little checkered flag that's recently popped up on my internal GPS.  I still have a few months of travel still to go, but just seeing the flag has got me thinking more on what awaits me at the destination ahead. 

This daily blog series has been a journey of perspective, as I keep looking back on some of the significant parts of my past and present, and the flag reminds me of more adventures still to come.  For now though, my focus remains on the journey, and less the destination.  I'm not there yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment