Tuesday, January 13, 2015

It's A Wonderful Life

January 13, 2015
Day 258

I've done some good in my life.  I've introduced and created groups that introduced people to each other who might have never met otherwise.

I helped a friend who said he wouldn't be here if I hadn't been there for him.

I've written words in poems, short stories, and books that have had a positive impact on people.

I've written articles and essays for Examiner, Patch, Addicting Info, and Believe Out Loud that have been read by many thousands of people worldwide.  Anne Rice shared one of my articles with her hundreds of thousands of followers on Facebook, and I received many personal letters and comments thanking me for this and other pieces I've written and shared.

I've made a difference in the lives of friends and family members in different ways on different occasions, sometimes through the words I said, and other times through the words I didn't say.

I've done some good in my life.  So when I have my bad days when I feel all alone, crushed that my writing is not reaching the levels I hope it will and know it can, or when I'm hurt that someone I care a lot about doesn't feel the same in response, I think about the good I've done in my life. 

When I'm feeling miserable, focusing on my sins and mistakes, my failures and my flops, I need to think on the good.  I need to remember the good.  I need to be ever mindful of the good things I've done in my life. 

We're all guilty of some things in life, and we so often feel the enormous weight of that guilt pinning us down like an avalanche of snow.  But when we're feeling this miserable, this unworthy, this sad or depressed, it's helpful to think about all the good we've done, the smiles we've brought, and the joy we've shared with others.  This really is a wonderful life, and success is worth so much more of your attention than failure will ever deserve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment