Monday, January 5, 2015

Food, Fitness, and Fashion

(Not truly my aim, just a funny pic!)
January 5, 2015
Day 250

So here it is...2015.  No more excuses.  No more, "I deserve this extra cookie," or "I may as well finish up this tub of mayonnaise as long as it's in the house."  I can't even say I'll wait until the first full week of January...because I did, and now it's here!

No, I've run out of excuses, and it's time to get back on track once and for all!  This is the day.  This is the moment.  2015 is all mine to conquer in all the ways I choose to conquer it.

FOOD: I already have a salad for lunch every day, but in the past few months, I'd begun treating myself with extras thrown in, and always with a yummy dressing.  Starting today, I'm back to the basics: an egg, some tomatoes, and some chick peas tossed in with the mesclun leaves.  And my dressing?  Back to the fat-free raspberry.  My breakfasts have been good, usually yogurt, but I was treating myself a lot too, and my dinners have likewise gone off the cliff.  At some point, I replaced my salsa sandwich topper with heavy dollops of mayo...you know, as a...w a i t  f o r  i t...treat.  Too many treats!

FITNESS: I've got a beautiful, free gym here at my company, and it's just a short walk from my desk to the elliptical, all of 20-30 seconds' travel time.  In the past, I've done approximately 45 minutes of exercise 3-4 days each week, and it's worked.  My diet and exercise plan, when it's on full-time, helped me lose 41 pounds between 2012 and 2013.  I'm going to add more time in the gym more often this year, and keep myself on track.

FASHION: The word fashionable is just not used to describe me, but if there's one truth I have realized these past three years, it's that I look so much better in so many more clothing options when I'm slimmer and fit!  The bulge of my belly just doesn't complement my polo shirts well at all.  Fashion is hardly high on my list of things I care about, but looking good is.  So hopefully once I'm on a good streak with my food and fitness goals, the fashion answers will arrive soon after.

It's a new year, and a new chance for all of us to fix the things we've broken in our diet and exercise routines, and for me, 2015 means something else.  This is the year I turn 40, so I have these four months now to get myself in much better shape ahead of that special occasion. 

I can do it.  I will do it.  And so can you!


No comments:

Post a Comment