Friday, January 2, 2015

Early 2015 Observations

January 2, 2015
Day 247

Today I'd just like to share a bunch of random thoughts this new year brings to mind.

You've heard of the morning-after pill?  I'd like a day-after maid, someone who just shows up the day after a big party, and makes my headache go away by cleaning my house while I sleep.

Remember how excited we were for midnight on New Year's Eve 1999?  The year 2000 was minutes away!  Well,15 years have already passed since then.  I don't have any followup to this; I just feel depressed at how quickly time passes sometimes, and thought you might like to be depressed too.

I'm a huge Back To The Future trilogy fan, so I've really enjoyed all the memes I've seen this week, each referencing 2015 as "the future" we saw back in the 80s from Marty McFly and crew.  My favorite comment though came from my sister Marilyn, who asked if anyone else was going to bet on the Cubbies winning the Series this year.

Have we all finally started pronouncing it Twenty Fifteen now and not Two-Thousand Fifteen?  It took us a while, but I think we're there now, and I'm happy about that.

Years ending with a 5 are important to me, because I was born in a year ending with a 5.  I turn 40 on May 1st of this year, so the big day feels closer than ever now.

Of particular interest to me this year, and perhaps to readers of my first three books: A NASA spacecraft called New Horizons launched years ago will finally reach Pluto on July 14, 2015 at approximately 7:49 AM in New York.

If 1 = A and 2 = B, then 2015 would equal "bae", a word I've heard a lot online lately.  Funny note on Urban Dictionary though: "Bæ/bae is a Danish word for poop.  Also used by people on the internet who think it means baby, sweetie etc.  Bae I love you so much.  Brian, my bae.  I just made a bæ."

And finally, because this is now 2015, my daily blogging adventure will finally conclude in about 4 months' time.  Later this month, I'll begin the last 100 days of my year-long journey to 40, so thank you as always for reading along!

No comments:

Post a Comment