Saturday, January 10, 2015

Finding Your Bliss

January 10, 2015
Day 255

In May of 2012, Andy and I experienced an amazing vacation to Maui, Hawaii.  Up until that point, I'd always called Ludlow, Vermont my home away from home, and though I guess it still is, I gotta say... Maui sure would be a nice place to live for all eternity!

As I was writing my second book a year or so ago, I began painting more and more scenes that took place in Heaven, and I had to decide exactly what Heaven would look like, especially for a major scene at the end of the book.  And that's when Maui started whispering in my ear again: "You've already found Heaven right here with me.  Make Heaven look like me!"

We all have these special spots on Earth we go to where we feel absolutely swept up in bliss, a place where all is right in the world even when it isn't, where all you need to do is just look around you, and feel the sensory overload only a perfect place can give.

Maybe your bliss is at the beach, or in the mountains, or on a farm, or at a winery.  Maybe it's in your church, or in a library, or even in your bed!  I'm sure that just my mentioning a few possibilities already got you thinking of a place where you always feel happy.  Good!  That's your piece of Heaven right here on Earth, and you should try to put yourself there as often as possible!

Your place of bliss is easy to find if you just look around and seek it out.  A dream vacation like my trip to Maui may be financially difficult to attain, but bliss is always close at hand.  Even when you travel to a special place of comfort, surrounded by gorgeous views, great weather, maybe some yummy food and drink, you'll often find your bliss was right there with you all the time.  In that way, bliss is like your favorite part of a great book.  It's inside just waiting to be found.  You need only turn a few pages first until you find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment