Friday, March 27, 2015

Book 3 First Draft Done!

March 27, 2015
Day 331
-9.8, 122,105 (+12,086)

On Friday, January 16th (Day 261), I began adding some updates in blue font to the top of my Friday blog entry each week.  

The first number was my ever-flexing weight loss for the year.  It goes up and it goes down, but gratefully it's in an okay place at the moment.

The second number was my word count on the third book of my Heaven, Hell, and the Planet In Between series.  The large parenthetical number up there, 12,086, is how many words I wrote since last Friday.

On January 16th, that number was 52,465, which tells me I've written 69,640 words in the past 10 weeks, and that makes sense, because I'm now done!  As of yesterday afternoon, I'm now finished writing the first draft of my third and final book of this series on Heaven and Hell (incidentally, I always capitalize them on purpose).  For the record, it's 310 pages at the moment, but that number may grow or even shrink depending on how the months-long editing process goes now.

My first book is 200 pages long, and my second is 256 pages long, so by my math, my tenth book will be approximately 690 pages long.

Okay, maybe not.  I think I'll try to keep most closer to the 200-250 number!

Anyway, I just wanted to blog to say I'm done writing Book 3, and look forward to starting on all the editing work that will occupy a lot of my time the next 6 months (3-4 for this book, and then I'll begin editing this blog into book form some time this summer).  Cheers as always for tuning in!

No comments:

Post a Comment