Sunday, March 29, 2015

Time to make the doughnuts

March 29, 2015
Day 333

For years, I grew up with this guy on my television: the "time to make the doughnuts" guy from Dunkin' Donuts.  I doubt most kids today would have any idea who he is now, the same way they wouldn't recognize the "Where's the beef?" lady, and just how I wouldn't recognize the Maytag Repairman.

Even though this commercial has been gone for years, and I've only seen it referenced in 80s flashback shows once or twice since then, it's really stayed with me, and just came to mind again this morning as I woke up.

I slowly opened my eyes and made a command decision that it was well past time for me to get up and write my blog for the day.  Time to make the doughnuts.

Sadly for you, I have no delicious doughnuts (not even donuts) to treat you with, only this short entry you're reading right now.  My daily blog-writing days are quickly coming to a close, so the responsibility part of this self-made assignment is swiftly approaching its end.  I won't have to worry about getting to the computer each morning and typing out any stories about fish heads, jury duty, sex outdoors, or monastic laundry.  In just another month, the rest of my stories and reflections can wait for their own day to come out once and for all, with or without their own creamy filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment