Monday, March 9, 2015

Updates from the Road to 40

My sister Esther and me
March 9, 2015
Day 313

Just a few random thoughts today...

Today is my sister Esther's birthday.  She died almost two years ago, but March 9th will forever remind me of her and the beautiful life she lived.

My right ear is still not fully cooperating with the rest of the team, so I'm now on Day 12 of this looming head cold from Hell, but each day is better than the one before, and I think I'm almost out of the woods.

Andy and I decided on a place for my 40th birthday party in May, so now we have to start spreading word.  For those who may see this who are not invited, please accept my apologies in advance.  It's just that with all the dollars per person we're putting up, we have to cut off the number somewhere.  Thank you for understanding!

The week before I got sick, I'd written somewhere north of 10,000 words of my third book, but hadn't lost any weight.  Then I got sick, lost 5 pounds, but wrote very little.  Health is very good for writing, and un-health is very good for weight loss.

I think winter has finally left us now, the worst of it anyway.  We have so much snow left now to melt, but with temperatures climbing into the 40s and 50s each day this week, I believe we've finally turned the corner, and turned our backs on a very dismal winter!

I was extra grouchy yesterday at a dinner with friends, all because my head cold was making me feel extra grumpy.  I apologize.

My car's been sitting in the driveway still since January 20th, and now that Andy's car is due for an inspection, we're at a critical stage.  We need to get my car's tire replaced and back on the road so we can bring Andy's car in for an overnight inspection. 

I'm starting...starting...to accept the fact that I've reached middle age.  I promise you, my younger friends, that fact alone is harder to accept than any number along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment