Sunday, March 22, 2015

No Crisis Here!

March 22, 2015
Day 326

I've joked around with people several times the past few months that this blog must be some kind of mid-life crisis for me, an explosion of worry about turning 40.  The more I think about it though, the more I remember: I'm happy!

I'm not in crisis mode at all!  In fact, if anything, I'm spending so much time doing this project because my life is so good, and because I'm actually a very happy person.

Being 39 is weird though.  Someone random I encountered in an online forum recently asked me if I'm actually older, and just lying and saying I'm 39.  No, I typed with a sigh, I'm really 39, and if I did lie, I'd probably say 22.  I don't feel 39, and I don't think I'll feel 40 either.  I honestly don't think I look my age most days either (7 AM sleepy looks in the mirror are another story).  Usually though, I think I just look early 30s, and that's fine with me.

So no, there's no crisis here.  I love my life, I love my partner, I love my house, I love my job, I love my books, and I love my friends and family very, very much.  Life is GREAT!  Really!  This blog series is just my way of taking a long, hard look at everything, and I'm confident I'll really appreciate it for years to come.  I sincerely hope you're enjoying it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment