Friday, March 6, 2015

My TV is a Dick!

March 6, 2015
Day 310
-8.4, 92,976 (+2,927)

According to my Google search, this isn't news, but perhaps some new regulation recently kicked in, or someone finally got the memo, but all of a sudden lately, characters on some of my favorite TV shows have been using the word "dick" a lot....as in all the time.

Have you noticed it too?

Out of nowhere it seems, just in the past two or three weeks, I've heard characters call each other "dick" or say, "Don't be such a dick," or "That guy is such a dick!"  It's honestly become a constant, and I'm baffled as to why.  Did they not realize they could say it, and once one person figured it out, the rest followed suit?  Or maybe one TV show tested the waters, and when they weren't fined, everyone else started using it too?  I have no idea.  It's just there are now so many dicks on my TV!

I don't know how I feel about this.  Maybe this is middle age speaking, because even though I don't mind it, I do admit it feels jarring, like TV, and the world at large, have just taken a giant step forward, whether the rest of the world likes it or not.  Did my parents feel the same way when bitch and ass were first allowed?  They probably did.

I suppose this was just inevitable.  Give the world some ass and they'll start asking for the dick.

No comments:

Post a Comment