Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Functionally Blah

March 3, 2015
Day 307

Once I got to work and logged into Gmail chat this morning, Andy asked me how I was feeling.  I thought about it for a moment, and then typed back, "blah, but I think functionally blah". 

So far, so true: I've been able to keep up with the work here at my desk, and haven't collapsed yet, which I think shows great promise.  Sure, there's always the chance I'll hit a wall, or the ground, whichever comes first, but for now, I'm functional.  Blah, but functionally blah.

This winter has hit us all pretty hard, and I really thought I'd escaped getting sick, but then it reached up and grabbed me by the throat, just when I thought I was safe. 

I do hope I feel better soon.  I'm happy to be functionally blah, a step up from dysfunctionally blah, but that's still a step down from functional, which is in itself a step down from fully alert and living life.  Whatever.  I don't know how many steps I've got left, but at least I've come this far.  So I'll keep sipping my tea and taking my medicine, sucking on my cough drops and blowing my nose.  And hopefully I'll reach functional, if not fully functional, some time tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment