Thursday, March 5, 2015

Winter's Last Stand

View out my second-floor window at home this morning.
March 5, 2015
Day 309

My God!  What a wild freaking winter this has been!  I guess we've had worse as far as snow totals for Long Island, and certainly worse ice storms in recent years, but overall, Winter 2014-2015 will definitely go down in the history books.

Today I'm working from home--with 8 inches of snow predicted still and a nagging illness persisting, there was no other choice.  I just had no desire to drive in this weather, and because I'm still carpooling with Andy, I told him as much too, so he's working from home today as well.

THE GOOD NEWS though is that today is March 5th, and we've got a spring-ahead time change this Sunday morning, coupled with temperatures each day through next week in the mid 40s.  Winter won't be technically over, but I suspect there's a very good chance this is its last stand!

In the mean time, I'm going to snuggle up under the covers, have some coffee and tea, and maybe even some hot chocolate, and just relax as much as possible (in between checking my work e-mail).  And when no one's looking, I may even get down on my knees and pray with all sincerity, hope, and conviction that this winter just go away already--and take my head cold along with it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment