Friday, April 17, 2015

The feels...the feels!

Maui, 2012
April 17, 2015
Day 352

The feels is one of the newest catchphrases the people of Earth seem to have adopted.  It comes from a long line of other catchphrases, of course, like my recent favorite YOLO, recent un-favorite a'ight, as well as the desire to call everyone and their brother your bae.

Last night I had the great pleasure of speaking to a class of college students and young professionals on the campus of Nassau Community College.  I spoke about my books, my writing process, my editing process, and even some opinions on the English language as a whole.  It was a lot of fun!

At the end of class, I surprised them by handing out free copies of my first book to everyone in the class, including the teacher.  Some had asked about where they could buy my books, so it was fun to be able to put my first book in their hands right away.  Today is the two-year anniversary of the day my first book went live on Amazon too.

Tonight, I'm having dinner with a close friend who recently turned 40 herself, tomorrow I'm exploring the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum with Andy and some family members, then next week on Monday and Wednesday I have dinner plans with more dear friends.  It's a good thing I'm exercising so much!

Wow, all these feels though!  My bae Andy and I have so much to look forward to in the next few days, and I'm sure in the year ahead too.  We often keep a busy schedule, but YOLO, a'ight?!

No comments:

Post a Comment